When it comes to conserving water, small adjustments can make a big impact. Cutting down on your water usage will lower your water bill, and may also reduce your sewer bill.
- Check for and repair toilet leaks. Visit toilet leaks for testing tips.
- Check for dripping faucets, as up to 2,000 gallons of water per year could be wasted.
- Take shorter showers and install low-flow shower heads.
- Sprinkle your lawn early or late in the day to avoid evaporation.
- Cover your swimming pool to cut the loss of water by evaporation. The cover will also help heat your pool, reducing your electric usage.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has other great tips for conserving water.