Cedarburg Light & Water is a community-owned utility that has been serving the community of Cedarburg for over 119 years. We take pride in being a part of our hometown and are looking to expand on a team that is dedicated to the success of the utility and the growth of our community.
We're currently looking for either a Journeyman Line Mechanic or a Line Apprentice with a minimum of two years’ experience, to join our utility for a full-time position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- General knowledge of overhead/underground power line systems and their components
- Strong understanding and commitment to safety procedures
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor and heavy manual tasks including climbing in all weather conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver's license
- Class A Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Ability to operate equipment such as backhoe, forklift and backlot machine
- Reside within a 30-minute response to utility office within 12 months of hire date
- Willingness to work overtime and perform stand-by duty
CL&W offers competitive wages and benefits. A journeyman lineman's starting wage is currently $45.56 per hour.
If you're an individual that possesses these qualifications and is looking to be a part of a best in class team, we'd love to hear from you!
For more information, check out the job description and fill out an application or stop in and pick one up. Applications in a PDF format can be emailed to Khuse@cedarburglightandwater.org or dropped off at our office using our drive-up window.
Cedarburg Light & Water is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be posted until filled.